Sunday, March 25, 2007

 

Weekend Getaway

My dad had this sudden idea to go to Desaru for the weekend... just a 2D 1N thing... drive in on Saturday morning, by back by Sunday evening, meaning, tonight.

I was a little reluctant at first... it meant that I wouldn't be able to sleep in on Saturday (yes, I'm a bum!), not be able to sneak a couple of smokes out the bedroom window for a night, and well, just laze in front of the tv. Plus, I had a huge load of ironing to do.

But oh well....

My reluctance soon gave way to excitement though, as I realised that my family hadn't exactly gone for a holiday overseas for years now. I figured, just treasure the time spent together and enjoy!

And enjoy I did. Because monsoon season is approaching, the waves at the beach were rougher. All of us swam a little out to sea and just floated around, trying to ride the waves without getting thrashed by them. Whenever a huge wave of the surfing variety approached, one of us would scream a warning and then try our darnest not to have it crushing down onto our heads. It may sound childish, but boy did we have loads of fun with it. And the beach, gosh, it was so clean and lovely... and natural, unlike Sentosa's sand.

Then in the evening, we have a lovely seafood feast *big grin*

So I returned a little darker... and very pleased with the great time we had together as a family. I know I complain about them sometimes, but well, they're still family after all... you get both the good and the bad moments.

And I think I'll remember this good moment for a while :)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home