Tuesday, June 20, 2006

 

good bye...

sigh...

doggy (that's what i was calling it) is such a good little dog... it spent the night with me yesterday... slept right beside me... kinda reminds me of a dog i once had, a silk terrier named toby.

doggy kept following me around when i got back from work yesterday... my mum said that coz i had been the first one it got into contact with, it probably felt safer with me.... and it really kept to me.

i had to be careful to make sure my other dogs didn't feel neglected. i made sure i patted them first, before i patted doggy... and doggy would wait patiently for me to finish with my dogs, almost like it understood.

late this morning, my mum smsed me while i was at work, informing me that doggy's name is Chester and that it has returned home with its owner. and i felt a pain in my heart.

i know this will sond crazy, since i only had Chester for a very short while, but i had really grown to like him. as i thought over my mum's sms, i started regretting not spending some time with him in the morning before i went to work. i was in a hurry, and so i had just patted him on the head, and then put him in my brother's room. he had been trying to jump up to me... he'll rest his front paws on my legs and nudge me... yet, i hadn't taken the time to properly pat him, hug him...

my eyes started tearing as i thought, "but i didn't even get to say a proper good bye! how can?!?!?!?!?!"

machiam i was saying good bye to a boyfriend like that :P

i know... i'm pathetic... i can't help it... i like animals, especially dogs. that's why, since the time i watched 'Benji' the movie, i vowed never to watch those sort of animal movies again... coz i'll definitely be in tears by the time the movie ends.

and just now, as my mum told me about her meeting with the owner and i talked abt how well-behaved and affectionate he was last night... i started crying...

urgh.... i miss Chester!

it's like... being the owner of 2 dogs myself... i know i'll be worried sick if ever one of them goes missing... so i can understand how Chester's owner must have felt and how it was a good thing Chester got home with his owner... after all, he was definitely more familiar with his owner than with me. but still...

nevermind... i am blessed... i have two totally wonderful dogs of my own...

take care, Chester...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home