Monday, June 26, 2006

 

So what can I get you?

I'm now working part-time at a bar somewhere on the island... just a once a week thing, couple of hours a shift. The salary is sorta 'yi si yi si' coz I'm only working once a week, but even then, the hourly rate is quite good. And hey, any amount of money helps...

I'm not sure if it's a childish thing... but I feel like a little girl in a candy store whenever I'm behind the bar. It's not like I can get free drinks and down shots every hour or so. But it's just the entire experience, you know, of working behind a bar. I've always found bartenders of both genders really cool. They look cool standing behind the bar, they look cool getting you your beer, they look cool, period. I know it can be really hard work, extremely stressful whn you've lots of customers waiting for their drinks, and your feet ache coz you're standing during the entire shift. But still, so exciting! Lol...

I'm not like, mixing really complicated drinks and cocktails... just the usual beer and housepours... take it one step at a time... maybe someday I'll get to mix cocktails or something... then go even further, throwing bottles and doing all those sort of stunts you see bartenders do.

Ya, I know... cheap thrill...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home