Thursday, October 26, 2006

 

Wee Siew Kim apologies for his apology

" We both apologise to the people whom we have offended, and especially Mr Derek Wee,' the MP said.

"I should not have said what I did about people's inability to take the brutal truth and strong language.""

BLAH! Damage done already... He's not just shown how his family thinks, but makes one wonder just how caring and compassionate the PAP is.

By the way, I found the daughter's own apology on one of the blogs that was discussing her:
"apologise if i have distressed you with my tendency to rant. while i will not dispute some of the points you make in response to what i have written, i would like to bring to your attention the fact that the post in question was never meant to be a cogent response to the specific points raised in derek wee’s article. it is, quite obviously, a rant in the heat of the moment. in addition, i don’t believe that my blog has the wide readership of derek wee’s, or even your own, and my intention was more to vent my own frustrations than public denouncement.

i’d also like to clarify my use of the word “elite”. while i understand how misinterpretation may have arose, i intended to use it in irony, as a label that people assume i enjoy, and not one that i take particular pleasure in.

finally, i admit that i was harsher than i should have been, although the the crux of my belief in self-improvement and self-determination has not changed. once again, i apologise if my words have unintentionally offended you - i was under the rather naive impression that nobody reads my blog :)"

Double BLAH!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home