Sunday, December 31, 2006

 
are you excited that a new year is coming along soon? A new year for you to not make the mistakes you committed this year, do the things you had resolved at the beginning of 2006 to do? A clean slate to start over.

I dun believe in making new year resolutions, basically because I’m not disciplined enough to follow them through; I’ve disappointed myself too many times in the past when I look back at the end of a year and realize I did not fulfil a single resolution.

I also dun make ridiculous wishes like hoping for world peace in the new year, coz it’s something which only really silly people like beauty queens wish for – they’re too stupid to know that world peace will never happen.

But I do have hopes… prayers… for good health, happiness for my loved ones… that sort of thing. 2006 seem to have gone by in a blink of an eye… I dun really know what hit me… I do not know what to make of this year. I can’t say I was very disappointed with this year, neither can I say that it was a super fantastic year for me. But I am grateful to God for guiding me through this year, taking care of me to make sure I never came to any harm, and also taking care of my loved ones, both family and friends. And I pray for a good 2007… and I know I will have one.

☺ I look forward to another lovely year with Him too.

One sad thing happened today though… hearing the news that Saddam Hussein was hanged yesterday. Now I’m not denying that that man has done some terrible things in his lifetime, but I believe that his sentence was unjust and well, just plain wrong. And I actually do feel sad for him…. I dun know why, but I do. At the end of the day, he was just a pawn in a big ugly game, and when he was no longer useful, he was simply discarded.

And you know what the worst thing is? Nothing good is going to come out of this matter… justice wasn’t really served when he hung from that noose. More violence, more death is just going to happen… more blood spilled… more innocence destroyed… really, nobody has won… not the US government, not the shites, not the sunnis… no one.

and if all the talk about how we have to pursue justice is to be believed, then the US president should be tried for crimes against humanity, war crimes too.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home