Thursday, December 07, 2006

 

Deck the halls with boughs of holly

I didn't really wanna head home early today after work... got a couple of friends together and we went to watch 'Deck the Halls!'

Yes I know, it sounds like some spastic 'let's milk Christmas for all its worth' sort of movie... and yes, it was just that. But I still enjoyed it... it's just nice to watch Christmas-themed movies during the holiday season.... makes one feel all Christmasy, lol. I haven't had the time to go out, work my way through the various shopping centres... or even walk down Orchard road to admire the deco - that's a Christmas tradition of mine. So in a desperate attempt to get some of the Yuletide spirit, my friends and I watched two grown-up men bleeding away in the age-old male-favourite competition of comparing whose is bigger.

The Christmas lights adoring their houses, that is.

Then in the end, both men realise that size doesn't matter... that their women are more important (learn that, men!) and that Christmas is about family and blah blah blah... you get the usual story.

Storyline was predictable... but still, a nice cheap thrill...

my duty to Christmas is done.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home