Thursday, April 12, 2007

 
I have nothing against the pay hike for ministers and the civil service. I believe, if people are doing good work, then they should be rewarded.

But I wish a parliamentary debate was really a debate. I wonder if the government even reads all the letters that come in from the public and are published in the papers. I wish there was greater attention paid to the people’s voice. You shouldn’t just be talking and talking for three days and then declare the ‘debate’ over. What about the public and their views? All those speeches made by various MPs… it’s not like the MPs had time to attend Meet-the-People sessions, then gather all feedback from the people, write them into a speech, then present that speech in parliament.

So effectively… the people never really got a say.

And then we wonder why the people dun seem to care about politics?

:P

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home