Wednesday, January 23, 2008

 

Heath Ledger... one hell of a great actor (1979 - 2008)

In case you haven't heard, Heath Ledger has passed on.

I'm not an actor groupie... I remember the names of some actors, but it's mainly because i enjoy their acting and know that any movie with them in it, I shouldn't miss.

Heath Ledger was one of those... I never really knew much about him, until I watched him in 2005's 'Brokeback Mountain.

The whole racket over the homosexuality theme I felt was a little overrated. To me, it was about tolerance in society, the harshness of social conventions. And Heath Ledger stood out because his role didn't have many lines, but rather, required the actor to show the pain his character felt through his facial expressions and body language. In that, the actor shone.

Of course Heath Ledger played many other outstanding roles, but I'm just mentioning 'Brokeback Mountain' here coz that's something many would be familiar with. I do hope to watch 'I'm Not There' in the near future, where Heath Ledger played one of the many Bob Dylans. And of course, Heath Ledger played 'The Joker' in the upcoming Batman movie.

There's many news articles about his death, but I liked this one best.

Anyway, here's to a great actor of my generation - you don't get that many of them these days unfortunately,

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home