Monday, January 07, 2008

 
The first week of 2008 was not all that eventful…

I mean, ok, so I had some great time with Him, but for some reason, we always expect the first day/week/month of the way to always have some sort of bang factor to it, like as though the new year MUST produce something totally fantastic in order for it to count as the new year.

Overrated, I say.

Still feeling quite tired, not very sure why… maybe it’s my body telling me I should start considering cutting out the 5-6 hours’ sleep each night and give serious consideration to 10 hours of beauty sleep.

Or maybe I just need to eat better (Sashimi, anyone? Lol)

Or maybe… it’s just work stress… we live in sg after all.

Things do look brighter this year, work-wise… but still, it’s hard to shake off the negative thoughts when they come along. The past few months spent living in hell haven’t exactly made me a more positive person… but I try, I try.

I was chatting to a friend yesterday and she was all for interfering into my private life. She’s really big on new year resolutions and so she asked me, “what’s your new year resolution for this 2008?”

I answered along the lines of ‘resolutions are fuck all useless and only for the pathetic’… politely, of course.

She didn’t really get the hint though (darn, I was too subtle) and started rattling off a whole bunch of areas of my life I should consider examining.

There was health – “all girls want to lose more weight! I always have that in my list of ny resolutions!”

Family – “I think we should all try to spend more time with our families.”

Work – “Let’s motivate each other lah! Aim for promotion this year! I’ve been stuck on this rung for ages!”

(I snugly informed her that I did get a promotion end-Nov 07)

And let’s not forget, love.

How do I say it? I think that if I do not judge your moral standards, you shouldn’t tear mine apart in return. After all, we all have different opinions, right?

So if, as an example, I wanna keep fucking a man who social conventions say I shouldn’t be fucking, what’s it to you if I decide on such a route?

“I think we should all be better people lah… you should be more, like, proper lor. It’s improvement what! And there are lots of nice guys around still!”

blah… nice guys dun fuck nice.

Then she offered to set me up on a blind date with some male friend of her boyfriend.

Woohoo! New record! Blind date offer just 7 days into the new year! I was only expecting them during CNY from relatives.

I wasn’t really pissed off with her or anything.. I mean, she’s nice and all and does love animals (that’s how I differentiate b/w good and bad people; good people like animals, period).. I just tolerate all her other weirdness.

But I guess what surprised me was how she came to the assumption that I sleep around, and that I probably date very very bad boys or older men…. Not that it upsets me or anything, I’m old enough to look beyond such crap, and it is a fact after all, lol… but it is curious.

She’s not a close friend, so she knows jack shit about my personal life, except that I’m vanilla-single. Yet, somehow…

Lol, I must be emitting some sort of vibe.. makes me wonder.. do ‘promiscuous’ (for want of a better word) people have a different sort of look about them? Maybe we have more of a glowing complexion in comparison to others – it’s a scientific fact that more sex = more glow.

Or maybe it’s just my general attitude towards life and the things I’ve said before on certain issues.

Whatever it is… if anything, that conversation just served as a reminder to me not to judge people too quickly and force my morals down their throats... a sort of 'resolution' for the new year...

Make love, not war, people… more love!

My dear close friends, thank you for not judging me and for accepting the path I’ve chosen.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home