Tuesday, August 21, 2007

 

National Day 'you-work-til-you-die' Rally

I’m not quite sure how I should react to the National Day Rally.

I mean.. I guess I should feel comforted that the govt is thinking about my future etc… but I’m not so sure I like how they view it.

How motivated can a person get with the whole ‘city of possibilites’ thingy when the future painted for me involves lots more work, more of my hard-earned money going to the govt, and a longer wait time til I get my money back?

And seriously… can we really live THAT long in such a stressful environment? What’s worse, if I ‘die before my time’ my hard-earned money goes to the govt! of course I could opt for my fund money going to my family, but it’ll be at a higher premium, and probably a much more complicated paperwork process. But it’s my money!!!!!

Basically… it just sounds like lots and lots of work with little returns. They talk about upgrading etc… but it’s just… I dun know, not at all motivating.

I want to know that I can be happy here… that my life can and will be enriched. Not just in monetary value, mind you, but culturally etc…

It’s just like what I’ve been thinking about for the past few days since I saw PM Lee’s National Day speech – what’s the point of having a high standard of living but low quality life?

Ahh… ignore me… I’m rambling.

Comments:
That's why so many people are going into investment of housing now... Buy, resell, buy, resell.. Coz they know they won't live to see their CPF anymore!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home