Thursday, September 20, 2007

 

And the birthday candles went out

So this is what a 24th birthday feels like eh?

I’ve a lump on the side of my gums which is aching like hell and making it really uncomfortable for me… I’ve had 2 meetings, back to back this later afternoon stretching into night…

24th doesn’t feel very nice.

But then again, I’ve never had huge birthday celebrations, save for the one I had in kindergarten (but it doesn’t count since I was a little girl then and little girls should have at least one such party) and my 21st birthday – which I think my parents did coz you’re supposed to, for your children’s 21st.

So wtf… it’s reached the stage when it’s just another day… only, you give urself a wider smile in the mirror.

But he did bring me out for a drink after the meetings… :P so he forgot my birthday, but oh well, lol, from the looks of it, it’s something I’m gonna have to get used to for the years ahead… but at least he was nice to me, and when I told him it was my birthday (ya I know, thick skinned, but it was a busy day and I was looking for some sympathy), he apologized. He could have just gone, “so?”

And though I only got home after 11pm, the moment I stepped into the door, a birthday cake was brought out, with 2 candles, and the family sang me the birthday song. This even though my bro had school the next day (he’s the sort who must get his beauty sleep) and my dad looked like he needed sleep too.

Guess the family’s not too bad too…

Now to tackle the new year…

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home