Tuesday, December 16, 2008

 

It's the season to go crazy

I do enjoy Christmas... really, I do. The atmosphere, the carols, the Christmas deco (though this year's Orchard Rd deco sucks).. makes you feel warm and fuzzy all over.

But besides the whole warmth loving feeling, Christmas also makes me melancholy, and dare I say, even a little depressed. I know it sounds weird, the dual, totally opposite feelings it can create, but that's the SgFairy for you. Just something about Christmas makes me feel, I dun know, lonely? And I don't like to hear Christmas love songs... lol. Maybe it's coz not-so-nice things have happened in some of my past Christmases.

I've been very busy this month.. time seems to fly by too fast. There's just been too many things to do. Besides work, there's been the Christmas stuff like shopping for presents, and the cooking/baking experiments for Christmas dinner etc. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the festive preparations, but they are tiring.

And I've been nursing this sore left shoulder for what now seems like forever. It's really irritating, and to top it off, some serious hard dough kneading I did over the weekend has now earned me an ache at my right shoulder joint; I can't suddenly move my right arm to reach for something behind me.

Yes I'm whining... every girl needs a complaint outlet; whichever female tells you otherwise is lying.

My Christmas shopping is almost done... there's this present I'm still making (with only a week left!) and one other person for whom I'm having lots of difficulty shopping for - what do you get for someone who has almost everything? :P

The bad thing about Christmas shopping is that you also end up seeing things you'll like for yourself. But because I'm no millionaire, I can't be buying stuff for myself just like that. And I would rather give things to loved ones than get myself stuff; I love giving. But still, sigh... how frustrating.


If Santa's for real, then I hope he'll give me all of the following this year:

1) Bobbi Brown or The Body Shop make-up kit (enough to fill a whole make-up bag, the big professional type of bag)

2) Perfume (coz I've run out... Oceanus, thank you very much, Santa!)

3) A nice big bag (I saw one at Charles & Keith that's heavenly.. another at Guess that's so pretty, and a few in Raffles City Shopping Center basement... ok, so that's more than one bag... hmm)

4) The cookbook 'Jamie's Ministry of Food' by Jamie Oliver

5) The cookbook 'How to cook everything' by Mark Bittman

6) 'Tales of Beedle the Bard' by J.K. Rowling (A must for the Harry Potter fan in me!)

7) 'The Assault on Reason' by Al Gore

8) A driving license (we are pretending Santa is real, so might as well take it all the way)

8) IKEA voucher (I need a new study desk and frames for the prints I got from Japan)

9) An Filofax organiser (can't decide b/w the ranges: brown Cuban Zip, spring green Botanic, orange Graphic Zip, and the very very very pretty but outrageously expensive ebony and ivory Deco)

So Santa, please please please, I've been a very good girl this year... well, I guess that depends on how you'll define 'good', lol... but yes, a very good girl.


You know.. that exercise actually felt good.. I feel like I've actually bought all of the above already... hehehe... nothing like self delusion.

I do have to get an organizer soon though... ridiculous how costly they are these days... you have to pay to be organised!

Sigh... back to work now, I guess.

Miss Him...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home