Sunday, October 16, 2005

 
I was reading one of my friend's blog... she did the 'I am the girl who...' thing, and it was just so beautiful.

E dear, I just wanna thank you for being one of the most genuine people one could ever have for a friend.

The both of us don't meet every single week, and most of the time when we chat on msn, it's to complain about work/our body size/men, discuss food, and gossip.

And those times when we did engage in more serious conversations, they were over depressing topics like, our ambitions, men, and the huge possibility that we will never marry.

But I think the very fact that we could have had moments where for those few hours, we just connected and could feel really comfortable and TALK... indicates that there is something about our friendship that is worth treasuring.

I have many friends, but a handful whom I can really call FRIENDS. Perhaps it is because I am just anal-retentive, extremely picky about my friends, or well, it's just not in my nature to 'bare my soul' to people. There's a very small number of people whom I feel really comfortable with, and think I can trust enough, to show them my true self. And seriously, good friends are hard to come by.

You see E, and she can come across as really happy-go-lucky and la-di-da (that's my nicer way of saying 'brainless', girl ;>). But her blog spot reminded me of this matured stable warmth inside of her, which I'm been fortunate enough to experience.

So regardless of whether or not we'll both become spinsters, or get our dream job, or well, whatever... thanks, E.

And ya... I miss the chaotic uni-hostel days...
:P There's no point in being able to stay out late as an adult, if you still have to get up early the next day to go to work.

Comments:
Hmm.. I really don't know what was it that made you feel like that, but I'm glad that you liked that post. :)

It really took me quite some time to think of things to insert - because I don't have so many things to 'talk' about myself. But nevertheless.... thanks. :)

oh, and thanks for calling me 'la-di-da'. I would actually use that too hahahah.. great minds think alike? ;)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home