Saturday, October 01, 2005

 

That silly thing called puppy love...

I was chatting with a friend online just now, let's call her Z... and we got to talking about 'the old days' and our crushes etc... it was nice...

I have had some good memories of my own you know...

Sitting very close to each other during the church service, til K and I had our arms squashed up against each other. Our seats were comfortable, but since we couldn't exactly hold hands in church, we settled for the arms bit. Oh, and ya, our knees were touching.
Lol, it was all cutesy puppy love indeed... once, we were walking together in Pasir Ris park, and his hand 'accidentally' brushed against mine, and somehow, we ended up holding hands... it was a scene right out of some romantic comedy. Then, we sat on a breakwater, looking out at the waves, my head rest on his knee, his arms around me...

Sitting somewhere near the summit of Mt. Kinabalu, watching the sun rise up from under the clouds... A's arm around me, keeping me warm.... our guide said we looked very sweet together.

T demanding to know why I was being a little cold to him... our friends had been teasing me, asking if I had a crush on him. Of course I had a huge major big crush on him, but I wasn't going to announce it to the entire world. So I was spending less time with him, to get rid of suspicion. We still had quite a number of days up in the mountains, and I didn't want my friends to gossip and tease too much; more importantly, I didn't want him to get all self-conscious and start distancing himself from me... I was not totally sure whether or not he liked me too, but I didn't want to take the risk. If I couldn't have his heart, then I'll settle for his friendship. (ya, I know, so lame, but I was a young girl then!)...
So there we were, standing at the top of the stairs and i quickly brushed by him, hoping to get down to the next level as soon as possible, then I could avoid answering that question. But he caught me firmly by the arm, pulling me back. We both lost balance, and fell together in a heap... and there I was, my head resting on his chest, one of his arms around my waist, his breath on my neck. I've always wondered if I had imagined it, or whether he did indeed take a little longer to let go of me. And yes, I did spend quite a bit of time after that constantly replaying that moment, when a guy grabbed hold of me, not letting me go, and me falling into his arms... lol...
Yeah.. I did have a huge crush on T... I did finally confess that I wasn't spending that much time with him coz I couldn't take the teasing, and he laughed at me and told me I was being silly. 3-4 times, we did somehow find our sleeping bags side by side to each other, and we'll talk and talk, and finallly fall asleep together. Then, I'll wake up listening to his gentle breathing. Our last night in the mountains, we had a little party, with our guides. The villagers brought out their home-brewed poison and we all drank, sang songs, and stuff. And I danced with him... he came to me, held out his hand, and asked me to dance with him.

Hmm.. you know... lol... we once had phone sex together.

THAT caught your attention!

Of course back then we didn't know it was phone sex. And it wasn't exactly phone sex. T and I used to talk on the phone every single night for a couple of hours. It wasn't that big a deal; back then, I could be spending a couple of hours a day talking to friends on the phone, though I'll admit that most times, those late-calls would be from guys. (My longest night call with a guy lasted til about 5am in the morning; we both had to be in school later in the morning for Speech Day rehearsals) I of course cannot remember how the conversation got started, but he started saying that he'll explain/demostrate how sparks can fly when a male and female get together. Please remember, I was only about 15 then ok, a young innocent mind. He started describing how i'll be sitting on a sofa with a guy, and how his fingers would run down the side of my face, how he'll gently kiss my lips, and nibble along my neck...
Basically, he described a make-out scene... he has a very nice voice... and I remembered his tone getting lower, sexier... and my body felt all weird and stuff, listening to him.
Of course now I know and understand that that was me getting all horny.

I wonder how he's doing sometimes... we lost touch after he graduated... and of course now I dun have a crush on him anymore... but he was a very good friend...

Hmmm... this thing called puppy love. Sometimes when you look back, think back to all those little little things you did when in primary and secondary school, you can't help laughing and shaking your head sometimes... you think, "gosh, I was like that?????"

Sigh

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home