Thursday, March 06, 2008

 
I want to highlight this letter from a reader, to Weekend Today (2 March 2008). Apart from the issue the reader addressed, his wacky way of writing is just so funny and witty, a joy to read.

There’s a ‘god’ on the KPE
By Mat Oakley


I would like to report the discovery of a hitherto unknown race of people living in a subterranean cavern not far from the Central Business District.

Like many anthropological discoveries, it was a product of chance – a momentary whimsical diversion from a planned route.

It occurred a few days ago, as I was riding my motorcycle along East Coast Parkway, enjoying as I have for many years the pleasure of trying to stay alive amid reckless speeding, random lane-changing, homicidal tailgating and pathological desires to overtake.

Not being in an urgent frame of mind, I decided to take a previously unexplored route, and thus, was plunged into a strange underground world of people who obeyed the speed limit, didn’t swerve wildly in a desperate bid to get ahead or drive two inches behind my back wheel.

Most disorientating of all, a couple of them even turned on their indicators before changing lanes.

Further study has revealed this netherworld to be known as the “KPE”.

Evidently, the people of the Kallang-Paya Lebar Expressway worships a god they call “Speed Camera Ahead”, who they believe will punish them for dangerous behavior.

The power of this god is such that even the psychopaths who drive cars with spoilers are instantly – but sadly only temporarily – cured by the sight of “him”.

I wonder if the relevant authorities might consider converting the whole island to this life-saving “religion”.



Nice read...

Oh, I've watched Juno already... not too bad... been thinking of watching Leap Years - was going to do so on 29 Feb, but I was too busy looking out for Tay Ping Hui, hehe, so I can ask him out... and he couldn't refuse me then *evil laugh*

I'm hesitant about Leap Years, I'm sure it's a good movie, but it'll also involve lots of crying... a friend's fren watched it already, said the ending's good, but still...

Nvm, also got Persepolis to watch.. and Step Up 2 is coming soon... and the play The Pillowman! I missed it last year... MUST watch it this time.. Nis, hear that?!?!?!?

Apart from that, nothing much's been happening... oh, I pierced another ear-hole... so as of now, the tally is, 3 on left, 5 on right... lalalala

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home