Monday, May 30, 2005

 

Coming along nicely... but...

To-date... 441 former students of Nanyang Junior College have signed up to the petition.

Take that, you stinky college management, you!

A part of me fears... what if the petition is not enough? What if the SMC, being the self-centered idiots which they probably are, decide to completely ignore us?
And SK wasn't really being all that encouraging when he mentioned that our SMC is the same one for HCI.

I don't wanna be part of Chung Cheng freaking Junior College... I wanna retain my roots with Nanyang, do you hear that, NANYANG!!!!!

I feel like such a loyalist now, I could sing the college song now... if only i can just remember the lyrics and tune.

Well... ok, so I've forgotten most of my college song.. I only vaguely remember something about palm trees and a water foundation... but that's not the point.

Nanyang was where I spent 2 bloody years playing, err, I mean, studying!

*clears throat*

I remember during the 1st 3 mths, when we had lots of cute mischievious boys from Maris Stella, VS, etc... you know, the ones who played through the prelims and only studied for the actual O's, hence ending up in NY for the 1st 3 mths...
My friends and I would skip class to go grab some food, and find a nice comfortable little shady spot in the gallery. It was the perfect place to stare at the boys running around the tracks. And if one particularly hunky guy decided that it was too hot and he was really just sweating too much after PE, he'll peel his tight tee off, and we girls would have our jaws touching the floor.

Such sweet days...

Lol... back then we still have grass in the courtyard... and Ms Yoong would be screaming "Keep off the grass!!!" in that shrill tone, like she was some tree-hugger... and the dogs would be running around.. and the whole college ground just had such a homely feel to it.

Yes, NYJC was my second home.. and you dun forget such places so easily... coz they've etched themselves so deeply in your mind and your heart... how could you ever even try to attempt to separate NYJC from your very being???
I've gone back a couple of times since graduation, for SC campfires, homecoming, LTC... not as often as some former students that I know... but i still love Nanyang...

Oh I really hope this works out!

Comments:
i hope for the best in this war. welcome abroad comrade, we will need all the firepower we can to show the SMC we are not going to let them walk all over us without a fight.

Desmond
 
Post a Comment

<< Home