Tuesday, July 25, 2006

 

Conversation in class:

Student – Teacher, are you married?

Me – No, I am not. That’s why you greet me as Ms SgFairy, right? ‘Miss’ means not married.

Student – Then Teacher, you got boyfriend?

Me – Haha, no, I don’t have a boyfriend.

Student – But why? Teacher very pretty mah.


I swear this really happened.

When the kid asked me about the whole boyfriend thing, I was so tempted to reply, “No, I dun have what you exactly call a boyfriend… it’s complicated, but yes, we do sleep together and have great sex, so I suppose that sorta counts as a boyfriend thing.”

But I didn’t…. not coz I didn’t want to traumatize the kid, but coz I wanted to avoid the question which would definitely come after that: “Teacher, ‘sleep together’ means what ah?”

I wasn’t hired to teach sex education.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home