Tuesday, January 23, 2007

 

An evening of good company

I had some like, really old friends over for dinner this evening.

They're the sort of friends whom you speak of as people you've known for nearly half your life.

Hmm... Pause for a bit.
The above line makes me wonder whether:
A) it's an indication of how strong our friendship is, that we've been able to stand the sight of one another for so long, or
B) we're just super old pathetic farts.

Nevermind.

Anyway, it was a rather pleasant evening altogether... If you ignore the food issue - first of all I cooked a cream pasta when a friend doesn't like anything remotely related to milk (I'm so gonna kill the other friend for not relaying the 'what-i-do-not-eat' list to me), and second, my cooking wasn't so fantastic tonight :(

At least I haven't heard any complaints of people needing to go to the hospital to get their stomachs pumped.

But I digress. As I was saying, it was quite a lovely evening. The Lions did well on the soccer pitch (we left the TV on during dinner) and we friends didn't murder one another.

It actually felt kinda like a familiar warmth to me. I remember years back, I used to hold these little dinner parties for friends. Of course there were the kickass huge bbqs, but there were also the smaller dinners, just some good food, and a couple of close friends. I always enjoyed those, and tonight was no different... So I'm rather happy I invited them over tonight.

We did also come up with a brilliant idea... Or rather, they came up with the idea and then emotionally blackmailed me into participating.

I now find myself faced with the task of organising a class reunion bbq... Kinda like the ones I used to do all those years ago. Back then, I'll have one during the june holidays, and another during the december holidays for my sec 1 classmates... And we just continued meeting like that on a large scale until I moved out of the area.

Just now, one friend whined, "it's all your fault! Because you moved out, we've lost contact with a number of people, when there was like a tradition happening!"

Ya, my fault :P when they all could have gotten off their butts and done the organizing, FOR ONCE.

But gracious me let that slide... Besides, it'll be really interesting to see everyone again (if we can get everyone) after so long... I mean, hello ah, we're talking about relationships going all the way back from sec 1 leh!

It was a load of fun for us just now, as we tried to remember everyone from that class... We had to resort to looking at the yearbook in the end to fill in the missing names, lol.

But anyway... Ya.... Reunion set for the 2nd-half of the year...

A big job but someone's gotta do it.

And I'll drag the smart alexs who came up with the idea in the first place to help. *evil smile*

But ya, thanks guys, for coming over tonight... I hope you all had as much fun as I had.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home