Saturday, January 27, 2007

 
I sat at the edge of the sofa, heart in my mouth... not daring to move a muscle...

I was so scared.

But Lionel Lewis caught Malaysia's ball.

We had won! We had beat Malaysia! We were going through into the finals!

But do you know what I was really really really happy about?

Seeing how Singaporeans had packed the national stadium, converting the stands into a sea of a fiery red, out looking for blood.
Seeing the Kallang Wave back again, hearing the cheers, the jeers (for Malaysia, lol)

Singaporeans are supporting their national team again.

And I hope, they'll always continue doing that.

Because, you dun have to be a soccer lover (or of any sports for that matter) to support your national team... if you as a Singaporean wun support your national sportsmen, who will?

You dun support them just coz they're doing well and winning... you support them, period.

Get it?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home