Thursday, September 08, 2005

 

Employment woes...

So I dun really like the new department I have been transferred to.... I am really, so alone... I have to tip-toe to the various more experienced colleagues to ask them questios and it's kinda embarrassing coz they have their own shit to settle too, so it's not really nice to have to keep going to them.

Yesteday, I wanted to cry lor.... sitting in a cubicle, surrounded by files, and really really not having a clue on what you're supposed to do. And you cannot make the slightest mistake, given the sort of stuff we're dealing with.

So I called Him.

Yes, I have my weak moments.

I just really needed someone very familiar to me to talk to.

I do like the people at the work place... have made some lovely friends... but I still hate the job... I wanna go back to my old department.

The old department was difficult work, but at least I never felt such despair, that lost.

Which then makes me wonder... maybe I'm just lousy with the new jobscope... lousy employee, period.

And now there's this potential job coming up. Ok, so it's not 100% what I wanna do, but at least it's 50%. With this current job that I'm in, I wasn't even 1% interested - I did it just for the money.

I just wish the interviewers would just quickly confirm with me whether they want me or not. Coz firstly, I cannot be taking too many off-days, as much as I'll like to, lol (the boss might just decide to fire me, something I do not mind; but it feels better to go up to him, and tell him, "I quit!" hehe) Secondly, I feel like I'm hanging in mid-air, directionless.

Going to the potentials' office tml... to meet the other employees etc.. in a way, that's quite good, lets you know beforehand whether or not you'll be entering shit.
So far, it's like, the lady I've been liaisoning with has been getting back to me almost immediately, so at least they're not the sort of company that takes a month to make a decision.

But still, it'll be good to know by next Monday or Tuesday.

In the meanwhile, considering how I really am not feeling so good now... I'll tell current employers I am sick... that'll just be like, a half-lie, not so bad, right? That'll allow me to go for the interview tml; I can't possibly demand leave coz "Oh, I'm going for a job interview, okay?" And being 'sick'... it's excusable if I cannot go to work next Monday. Anyway, I had already intended not to go to work on Monday since I need to go settle an important financial matter (sound so stylo right? it's more of a heart-ache/wallet-ache sort of thing).

Sigh... God... please guide me with this job situation... open and close the right doors... though it'll be very nice if you can help me open the doors to this new potential employer.

Comments:
Hope you'll find a dream job of your soon.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home