Thursday, September 01, 2005

 

Changes..

Yup, there are going to be some changes to this blog.

I was reminded by someone close to me not too long ago that as much as I'll like to be idealistic (or silly) and think that I can create my own private little space in the vast world that is the Internet, I cannot.

I wanted a space that could function as a sanctuary... where I can talk about whatever I feel like talking about. If I'm feeling brainy and stuff, then I'll post up a thoughtful piece about some politican, policy, social issue, etc. If I'm pms-ing, then I'll shout at whatever/whoever I wanna shout at. If I feel bimbotic, then I'll be bimbotic... and so on.

But there is no privacy in the Internet; you cannot have your own space, because the Internet belongs to everyone.

And as much as I cannot be bothered about what strangers think about me, I have to take into consideration the friends who do visit my blog. For example, I am very sure Nis and Him read my blog every now and then and they are people dear to me. If one day I'm in an ultra-bad mood, or just simply in a reflective mood and I decide to talk about suicide, they are going to be worried shit about me, wondering, "is she gonna 'play the violin' (an old friend used to refer to me slashing my wrist by that term, but that's another story altogether)?"

So I do have a responsibility towards my friends.

But...

Being the stubborn woman I can be at times, I still want my little space... because writing/ranting helps me get whatever frustrations I have out of my system, and after I've gotten all the shit out, then I can start calming down and thinking rationally. I need that little space.

So in the future, if you see some password-protected posts, you'll know that's probably one of my more violent posts... a post that's meant for me, myself, and I.

Okay?

Comments:
yeah i understand wat u mean abt privacy.. but blogger allows u to have such password-protected posts? i didnt noe tt!

and YES u're right - we'll be worried shit. so DO NOT PLAY THE VIOLIN wateva happens - shit happens, but we're here :)
 
wa liao... i anyhow anyhow give example about violin, and already you're dispersing advice like as though i'm some ultra-depressed girl like that... relax lah!

you know me better than tt.
 
hahah yess of course. but jus a "gentle reminder" lah. :P
 
Post a Comment

<< Home