Monday, October 31, 2005

 

The Week with Two Public Holidays, Two Weekend days, and Three Working days.

Lots of people have been going on and on this week about how this week is a shitty week, becaue there are two public holidays this week that decided they had to separate themselves to be distinctive - leaving us to work alternate days.

I cannot really be taking leave because the other researcher is Hindu and she took the entire week off. Besides, it is her festive holiday; I hope she'll do the same for me for Christmas and Chinese New Year.

When I woke up this morning, one of my first thoughts was, 'I hate Mondays and this week in particular'. And I cursed every person out there who had taken Monday and/or Wednesday and/or Friday off.

Then during my showers I started thinking more about it and I figured, instead of moaning and groaning and concentrating on the two public holidays, why not i celebrate the fact that I'm only going to be working three days this week instead of the usual five?

With my spirits considerably raised, I got all dressed and walked out of the estate.

Then it started to pour.

I stuck my middle finger out at the sky.

Yes, go on, you can pour as much cold water on me as you want but I will not let my spirits be defeated by a little stupid rain! Go ahead, try all you want!
*insert evil triumphant laugh*

Now I am at work, and my demin jacket is soaked through.

*mutters*

I'm already craving a volka-cranberry and a tequila shot... make that doubles, please.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home