Sunday, January 01, 2006

 

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year... have I missed out any other greetings???

Yes yes I know... it's been a while since I last blogged... but I do have a life outside of blogging..

I did think about logging in and sending a nice Christmas greeting last weekend, or post a thoughtful piece about the 1 yr aniversary of the tsunami... I guess basically what I wanted to say was to remind everyone that presents, food and alcohol do not constitute Christmas. Rather, Jesus and love, and family and friends are what make Christmas meaningful...

But I was very busy and didn't bother.

Then during the week I was going to like, post an update or something... but I was once again too busy... so yes I did not bother.

At least I'm in time now to still be able to wish you all a happy 2006.

I did not do anything special to usher in the new year. I only spent an evening with some old friends on friday.... gathering at a friend's place.. we catered some food... and of course there were drinks. I hadn't been feeling well the entire day and had planned to just drop the logcake, say hi, eat a little, then go home to crash in bed. But I guess with all the good company.... my headachel sorta faded away... and I sat around with friends, talked, drank a hell lot of alcohol... I finally called for a cab at like, 4am in the morning.

That was really, my only new year highlight. It wasn't like a big bombastic affair... it was small, nice and cosy.... it's funny you know... this bunch constitutes my jc friends... and over the years, the conversation topics change...

I know this is going to sound really pompous... but I felt all grown up sitting around a table, the wine and gin and whatever other poison bottles in the centre... chocolate, chips, nuts for snacks... and having old friends around... sometimes we actually talked sensible stuff - our career plans, business proposals, our desire to marry/not marry.... and other times the alcohol would get to us and we'll be laughing over lame pick-up lines, penis lengths etc...

Anyway...

Ya... here's wishing you all a lovely new year. I'm not going to talk about resolutions, coz really, resolution-making is kinda like leaving the cookies and milk out for Santa Claus.... but ya, just wishes for you all to have a good year ahead...

Comments:
so i guess the "bring your other halfs" thing didn't really affect as much huh? hahah. told u! =P
 
Post a Comment

<< Home