Sunday, November 27, 2005

 
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,17343444%5E7583,00.html

Someone posted this up in my comments page.

If the argument is about whether or not Singapore should abolish the death penalty, I'll say, a pat on the back for those who are voicing their opinions on that. I admire such people because well, at least they have an opinion on that. For myself, I'm embarrassed to admit that I'm sitting on the fence when it comes to the topic of the death penalty.

In my previous post, if you read carefully, I made no arguments about the morality of the death penalty. What I was essentially saying was this:
Some Australians may not like the death penalty; fine, you're entitled to your opinion. But don't come and threaten us, call for trade sanctions, say you'll like to haul our ass up to Int'l court, and well, basically, have no regard for our sovereignty... then come and accuse us for not having regard for Australia. That's double standards.

I just don't like it when people think they are more superior and SG has to be at the beck and call of their every command.

Singapore is a sovereign independent country.

As for Chee Soon Juan... I personally feel he is just using the death penalty issue to push his own personal agenda.

Ya, of course he was stating the obvious when he talked about the Lees and all the other stuff. I may not know all the facts, but I wun be surprised if they are true.

But honestly, I do not care. Yes, some changes here and there in the way things are being run would be nice... but on the whole, I have no pressing concerns, well, except for a more effective policy towards building racial harmony and racial equality.

CSJ.... he has proven himself to be a terrible politican who is an embarrassment to us. I seriously doubt that he has a strong majority support base in SG. He does not have the right to go around acting like he's the saviour, the voice of the people who have sent him out to gather international support to save us from the 'evil authoritarian govt', because I do not think that people want him to be the poster boy of SG democracy.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home