Tuesday, April 29, 2008

 

German time

This is going to be a very short post because I am now in Germany, and it seems like a really silly idea to stay inside blogging away instead of being out in the cold wind, downing some beers, food etc.

Weather’s ok here… about 13-15 degrees… it can be quite windy sometimes, or the sun could be blazing down on you… but I think whatever it is, it’s definitely much better than the humidity I left behind in SG.

Some of the men are seriously hot, the flowers (cherry blossoms, daisies etc) are lovely, the food’s still interesting (I can’t imagine staying here beyond a month though), and the beer’s well, ok lah. Then again, I’m not much of a beer person nowadays, but the german beer here is much much much better than the crappy Tiger beer at home – the wine here is also very yummy.

I’m not here for holiday, in case you’re wondering. It is mostly work work work… travel to the place I have to be at for work, find a pub to chill at after work before heading back, then sleep.

But come Friday… I’ll probably head off to Paris and this time, it will be for a little break. I’m nervous to be going to Paris on my own, but I imagine it’ll be very exciting too.

Anyway.. here's two pics before i sign out.



My first meal in Germany - fried black pudding with onions and a mashed potatoe-with-sweet-apple thing (yes, they have weird taste buds sometimes... and they take flavours to the extreme) I know black pudding sounds disgusting but it was really very nice.



And this is the way this particular beer house/pub/restaurant fills its beer and then serves it. Each beer house serves its own beer brewed on-site. At this particular place, they get lots of glasses on one metal thingy, fill them all up, and then go around handing them out. If you're low on beer, they'll just plod one fresh glass in front of you, so you have to let them know if you've had enough. but with one beer being about Euro1.20 (about S$3), it's not bad... the best beer i've had so far.

Comments:
Wait till you try getting a beer in Oslo, Norway. The price is crazy!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home