Friday, January 02, 2009

 

It's the new year...

... and I'm not quite sure how to approach it.

New year, new beginnings... my pastor said that this will be the acceptable year of the Lord, and I gave a resounding 'Amen!' to that.. because, well, we all want happiness and good things in life, don't we?

My last 2 weeks of 2008 were extremely busy ones, what with all the festive celebrations. I counted down to the new year watching television... which kinda makes you wonder what the whole fuss over the new year is about.

It is really more symbolic than anything else, isn't it? For people who have had a shitty year to convince themselves that they now have a clean slate to work with, to hopefully have something better. Whatever the worst cynic on earth may say, we all hope for better things to come.

For myself, 2008 was.. interesting. So much happened, some good, some bad... and I'll like to think that I ended 2008, while not necessarily a better person, but at least wiser.

Like most people, I hope for lots of things this 2009.... and I'm reminded that this new year, I'll be a year older (like, duh!), with less time to fulfill some of my life's dreams. I can't help wondering if people have dreams just because, well, they just want to keep day-dreaming... what do you think?

One thing's for sure.. I'll be more organized this year, lol. He's back and He gave me three Christmas presents: Belle de Jour's second novel (I had been following her blog, and the TV series), the Beedle the Bard book and a Filofax organizer complete with a cute pen (He saw in my blog!)

Happy camper... :) now I'm just waiting for Jamie Oliver's Ministry of Food; that's the other thing I really wanted on my Christmas list. I'll accept belated Christmas presents!

Anyway... I'm done with my rambling... to all of you out there, I wish you a fulfilling 2009 :)

Comments:
wow, it's been sooo long since i visited.

and i have beedle the bard too!! =) but i'm re-reading my Deathly Hallows now hahah. one of my resolutions for 2009 is to read more, and of cos to decide what i really want. oh wells, lets see how it goes.

btw, your truffles are going to rot in my fridge soon. either that or i'm going to finish them soon. when to meet? sms me - i'll be off in St John's Island tomorrow till Friday. *sigh*
 
I didn't even know you got me stuff!!! And truffles at that!

Woman, you could have just called... use your mobile phone!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home