Thursday, July 21, 2005

 

Social Experiment

It was a very interesting day I had today...

You see, I had gotten a temporary tattoo done while I was in Jogja, something which uses black chinese ink to create a lovely butterfly design on my wrist... A rather big and hence, obvious mark.

So I was on my way to school and I had just gotten onto the MRT when I noticed people turning to look at me. Now, I'm sure I wasn't having a bad hair day and I was also decently dressed in a simple blue tee and jeans. I carried a bag which had the NUS logo and 'Faculty of Arts and Social Science' across it, so hey, I was looking like a normal decent student.

But people were looking at me with disapproval.

I soon realised that whenever I moved my hand to say, tidy my hair behind my ear, those people's eyes followed my hand.

It was my tattoo they were looking at.

Now what the hell is your problem? Just coz I've a tattoo on my wrist, you look at me like I'm some totally bad kid who smokes, drinks, does drugs, have many piercings and have sex often. So all of the above is true, save for the drugs bit, but that doesn't make me bad. And you cannot judge someone's character just solely based on whether she has a tattoo or not. Or is it coz I'm a girl and I come from a uni, so I'm supposed to be sugar and spice and all things nice?

I am proud of my tattoo... I love the design a lot. Look:


Ok, so it ain't a totally clear pic but that's just coz my camera ain't all that fantastic. But it is a nice design, right?

But just coz I have one, it doesn't make me bad. I bet lots of other people out there who are decently dressed and stuff have loads of vices. Haven't people heard of the saying 'Do not judge a book by its covers'?

This is one of those things that make us Singaporeans an inmatured lot.

Anyways...
I got my pics loaded up already!

I still haven't decided if I wanna stop being a faceless blogger. But I wanna share some images with you guys anyway.

This, I took in Jogja. I was sitting in the bus, just waiting for us to be going to lunch, when I saw this little girl in the bus just next to ours. Something about her just captured my attention... it is quite an image, no, even for an amateur recreational photographer like myself.


There's just something about kids in photographs that I love, not coz I've a thing for kids... but there's this innocence you see that gets to you, makes you want to take the pic in the hope that you could somehow grab hold of that carefree spirit and keep it forever.

This was taken while we were visiting a pottery and ceramic-making village in Jogja:


These kids were playing while their parents got busy trying to sell things at a bazaar to get money to feed the family.
This pair was simply adorable... in their own fantasy dress-up world:


And this little boy, was in his own little world, oblivious to me:


I have more pics which I will put up over the next few days.... Borobudur, Sultan's Palace etc... but for now, I've to get back to my essay :p

Ta!

Comments:
Qustion: Why were you carrying a bag with the NUS logo on it?????? *_*
 
coz it was a gift from the uni and the bag is really functional. it's not that obiang lah!
 
*snigger*
 
Post a Comment

<< Home