Monday, January 30, 2006

 

Gong Xi Fa Ca, Hongbao Yi Ge Lai!

As much as I enjoy Chinese New Year, I do also dread it a little. It's not very helpful when you're the third youngest grandchildren, and the second youngest, who is just a year younger than you, is bringing her boyfriend along to family vistations (I think the guy she brought along this year is different from the one I saw last year).

That means you start getting questions like, "Girl ah, your boyfriend leh? Why never bring him here to show us?" That's one of the worst questions to be asked to you coz on one hand while it may seem all so innocent and sincere, as though your relative has a serious interest in your life and wants to see 'the other hand', it's also a very clever way of testing the waters, to implicitly ask whether or not you're attached. And having to reply, "oh no, I do not have a boyfriend" to such a question feels worse than the question-answer is "Are you attached?", "No I am not".

I swear I have such nosy terrible relatives. I think I would have enjoyed the look on their faces if I had brought a older angmoh along and go "everyone, meet the guy who's fucking me every week!" haha...

In other terrible news, by the time I reached home after a day's visitations, my jeans feel tighter... I promise to eat less kueh from now on. Wait a minute, are my fingers crossed?

I carried my cousin's baby today... and suddenly I was thinking, I wonder if it would have felt the same way, carrying my own baby too... then I saw another cousin's kid - they can grow so much in a year - and I thought, I wonder if my kid would have grown so quickly too.... pain seared through my heart.

Yes I know, I torture myself sometimes... not that I intentionally do it... these thoughts just suddenly spring to mind...

Two more public holidays to go... I do not look forward to work on wednesday... since it's jst three bloody days til the weekend, why didn't they just declare the entire week a holiday???
Everyday in the office I look at my table calendar and think, I'm one day closer til my last day of work...

Oh, by the way, if you guys have not watched geisha, you had better.. it's good and surprisingly, Zhang Ziyi played the main character quite well. I wanna find the book. I read it once years ago and enjoyed it and now, I just wanna read it again.

And... I've an iBook now!!!!! *big grin*

I also heard that elections will happen after Budget day... who wants to bet on it?
I hope I get to vote.

Comments:
haha... dun think that the questions that your relatives is restricted to rank-wise sia... My relatives also asking lor... haha.. got time can meet up with u lehz.. long time never see u laizo
 
sorry forget to mention something.. Happy CHinese New Year to you.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home