Wednesday, February 07, 2007

 

Multiple Personalities Disorder

I brought my mum and bro to Drama Centre to watch Hossan Leong in 'Multiple Personalities Disorder' this evening.

I'm going to post the following on Hossan's website tomorrow (since I'm at this moment writing this blog post on paper as I can't connect to home network. Yes, I have this habit of writing first, then post later, cannot ah?)... whatcha think?

"I brought my mum and little bro to watch Multiple Personalities Disorder last night (my mum had been nagging at me to get tickets the minute she heard abt the show!)

Once again, Hossan, great work! Your many accents, your singing, your presentation… they were all wonderful.

Mr. Miyagi also demostrated that he indeed has a knack for writing… *a-pause!!!*

But all that laughter aside, the material for the show really did strike a chord with my mum and I.
We’ll be laughing at ‘Julio’, but at the same time, somewhere deep inside our selfish kiasu little dark hearts, we’ll feel a little pain and think, “Gosh, we’re that bad eh? What’s happening to Singapore?!?!?!”

We may have giggled at ‘Extra-da’ ’s singing, but I also felt very bad when I thought about how really, maybe maids should be issued with 2 parachutes because Singaporean ma’ams dun realise that maids are actual human beings (newsflash, people!) and dun care if they fall to their deaths… just get my windows clean, damn you!

And dun let me even go into the political bits.

So thanks, guys, for a great hilarious show that wasn’t just filled with mindless jokes… it was a thoughtful production which raised issues which hopefully, weren’t lost on the audience.

So, when’s the next act?"

Hossan did it again!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home