Saturday, June 14, 2008

 
If you're in FaceBook, there's this Cause that really has good intentions, and I believe, is helping with changes, little by little.

It's called, 'To write love on her arms', and helps those struggling with depression, self-injury (read: self mutiliation) and thoughts of suicide.

I joined it when I first started out in Facebook and every now and then I would visit it, and read the posted messages. There'll be messages from people struggling, things like, "I've not cut myself for three weeks now, but I was really depressed today and wanted to do so," and there'll be some words of encouragement from people who actually do understand how tough it is. Kinda like, Cutting-Anonymous

It is really an addiction, you know.. you never quite really recover completely. The last time I played with a razor was (and thank goodness I'm at the stage where I've to think back really hard) when I was 17. Lol, I'll like to think I had a very good reason then - it was shortly after the abortion. So, yup.. 8 years ago. There was one stage when I'll remember very clearly, exactly, the number of days/weeks/months/years since the last time, so it is an improvement.

That's why I really felt this ache in my heart when I read a post by someone just now, someone who was basically crying out for help to know how to stop.. and I thought, more people need to know about this, hence this post.

I once wanted to slap a friend - somehow the conversation topic had shifted and she said, and I still remember, "People who cut themselves have nothing to do. They should just go and die."

It's some weird mental/emotional struggle that I cannot explain... but it's definitely not a case of having 'nothing to do'.

So if you're in Facebook, join this Cause, support what the good people are trying to do... be human.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home