Thursday, March 30, 2006

 
Ok, so I'm back from Penang... how's everyone?

That was just a polite question, by the way... I dun wanna hear how your weekend was.

I'm too busy thinking of the lovely softshell crab I had in Penang.... sure beats the one I had just now...

I met the insurance agent friend on Monday after my belly dancing lesson... and yup, I'm gonna buy a couple of policies.
There's the health and accidental policies, then also the life policy for myself - go for something a little risky and hopefully get higher returns from there. Also gonna get the health and accidental policies for my parents I think, if CPF can really cover the costs of that. I was thinking about life policies for them too... get the one where they can withdraw the money when they reach 65... coz I mean, let's face it, in a couple of years' time, I'm gonna have to start giving them 'pocketmoney'. So I might as well start now, coz I know for sure that my parents definitely have no money set aside for retirement, too many debts to clear still. So hopefully I'll have a sack of money to give them when they retire so they'll have something more comfortable to fall back on. I talked to my mum about it, and she's worried about the premiums. When you take their age into consideration, the fact that my dad's cancer is in remission, and that my mum now has high blood pressure, it's gonna be really costly. She doesn't want me to spend that money :P Parents! We'll see how it goes. If really cannot, then I'll just get them something for health and accidental.
I'm definitely gonna get a life policy for my brother... my way of taking care of him. I'll pay for it for the next 6-8 years, then when he's 24 or about there, I'll hand it over to him, and tell him, "see here now, here's some money for you. you take over and start saving more money for your future". He's still so young, so the premium wun be so expensive, and at least it'll give higher returns than if i set money aside for him just by simply putting it in the bank.

I'm the eldest... and the older I get, the more I feel the... let's not call it 'burden'... rather, I do feel very responsible for my family's well-being.. I owe that much to them...

Lol.. typical Asian way of thinking...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home